Landscape Lighting for Your Landscape Design
Landscape lighting for your landscape design. It’s a creative way to convey a magical, inviting atmosphere and enhance property safety after the sun sets. Landscape lighting can create safe footpaths, beautiful views and stunning focal points in your back yard. Ambient lighting creates a soft light that covers an entire landscape area while spotlighting puts focus and attention on particular features of the landscape.
- Down lighting – When lights are aimed downward from a high place, they create a diffused light that gives a moonlight feeling. In a landscape design, down lights can be installed in trees. As the light filters downward through leaves and branches, it creates a illuminating glow.
- Up-lighting – By aiming lights upward onto a landscape design feature on the house or into trees, you can create a strong contrast between light and dark. Up-lighting creates dramatic shadows and intresting effects in a back yard landscape design.
- Cross-lighting – Cross-lighting is used to light a focal point from both sides which eliminate shadows. It’s used to accent fountains and waterfalls, large boulders and fences or retaining walls. You can also light up the entire tree for stunning effects.
- Pathway lighting – Pathway lights are used along driveways, walkways and gardens and borders. They are necessary for safe footpaths and prevent accidents and injuries. Rather than using pathway lighting alone, combine it with ambient lighting for a more natural look.
- Landscape lighting is available in a variety of LED, halogen and solar fixtures. You can find styles and finishes that complement your landscape design features. Talk to a landscape design like Jesse Escalera about the benefits and effects of landscape lighting for your home.
If you’re ready to work with leading creative landscape designer Jesse Escalera to create your unique landscape design, in Newport Beach or surrounding areas, contact us!
Newport Beach, CA,